Saturday, July 11, 2009

The brown hair


So I've always wanted to dye my hair brown and one day I decided to be super tricky and do it right before a family reunion. And it was dark. Kristin did not like it. Many did but her lack of loving it still persisted. She would not wear it down because the dye looked weird and always looked not straight. It frustrated her. So next Wednesday in a pretty much hopeless attempt to make my hair look better I'm going to get highlights all over to try and "lighten" it because to turn it all back one color is A) really bad for your hair B) can make it fall out -says 4 hair places- and c) would be more money. SO goodluck to me for Wednesday, and the moral of the story is, when you get curious about hair colors, 1)make sure you get it done somewhere not with a box mix 2)be careful how light/dark you want to go 3) stop being curious and just dont do it. Its not work the pain of the new haircolor and the oney to fix it.

3 comments:

Cam said...

Or 4) Use a NON-Permanent box dye. That is what I have done in the past. So if I didn't love it, no worries, it washed out in 3-4 weeks!

Carly said...

i went dark..and no a box mix is almost always a disaster. you gotta go to a good salon.

The Neales said...

After you get it done at a salon, you should just use the dyes from Sally beauty--you have to mix it your self- but its the same ones that the salons use, and its much cheaper then upkeeping it at a salon. I have never had an issue with it! Good luck--can't wait to see some more pictures of your new do